Monday, February 18, 2013

At Midnight

My alarm clock rang at 5:30 in the morning. Rose from the bed and wash my face. Cook breakfast good for two and when the it's already 6am, I would go for a jog. At 7 in the morning, I would drive my Honda car to school. Attend class. Do the assignments. Go home to eat for lunch. Then back to school at 5 in the afternoon for Tax and Law subjects. After class, either go to SM for dinner or any fastfood chain that is far away from school.

Yes, this is my everyday routine and it never changed. I have everything. Money, gadgets, house, car. I've got no complains and wants anymore with life except to graduate. Until one day, while I got this problem about my phone and made a fuss over it in the internet, a stranger answered it for me. Soon, he became my friend and became an addition to my daily routine at night. We crack jokes, share what's running in our minds and what we were doing.

One midnight, after I watched a movie that I downloaded illegally, he invited me for dinner. At midnight. Of course, a person who is self-conscious about her body, would not eat after 9pm. He said that he just finished playing basketball with his friends and ask whether I would like to just accompany or 'watch' him eat. Without having any second thoughts I accepted. He went to my place to get me with his SUV Ford and then we went to McDonalds. We chatted while he eats and little did I know that it's already 4:30am and I still have class. He returned me home and bade our good byes.

For the first time in my college life, my schedule was destroyed due to lack of sleep and for not being on time. Even though my schedule became hectic at that time, it was still worth the thrill. Breaking my rules, not being my usual 'too-goody-two-shoe' girl was exciting that I was looking forward to our next meeting.

One night, he invited me again for a stroll under the moonlight. I agreed. So we went to the beach. The wind blew strong towards my face. Waves clashing. At midnight. We sat down facing the waves. He brought his guitar and played a song. He shared a very personal story which touched my heart so I played a song for him too. It was embarrassing! For I was only a beginner and he was a pro, to my eyes I mean. As he played another song, I kissed him without thinking. Yes. He got shocked. I was shock too for having no reasons in doing such act. He smiled. Puts down the guitar. Went closer. And kissed me. As his lips touched mine, thoughts had been running in my mind. Is it ok to kiss a stranger like this?! What are we doing? We don't know each other yet. But I enjoyed it until my mind became blank.

The next day, I barely listened to the teacher discussing the lesson. I was daydreaming all day that I didn't notice that we are going to have a quiz after discussion. Since I read in advance before the class starts, I passed the quiz. But the thought of just passing is not in my vocabulary.

After class at 8:30pm, he invited me for dinner and a movie. I excitedly accepted. As I was going home to return my car, my best friend appeared in front of my house. She said that we are going shopping. Suspicious. She never ever wants to spend a single cent of her money in anything. So I accompanied her to look for a dress until the clock strikes 9pm. I got a few texts and a couple of missed calls. It was from him. I gave an explanation that I might not make it on time for dinner and movie. He told me that it's ok as long I was having fun. I wasn't. To make me feel better, he told me that we'll hang out after helping my best friend. I was glad for he was not mad. As I went home with my best friend, I saw that there's somebody inside my house. It was my ex-lover. He asked my best friend to make me busy as he was preparing for a surprise inside my house. Yes, he has a key to my house and I totally forgot to get it after we broke up. I was mad, furious. Not only to my ex-lover, but also to my best friend for helping him to get together with me. He made a mistake. People should move on. I did. Bust I guess he didn't. I went outside to get some fresh air for I was boiling. My best friend ran after me. I told her to go away. She has no rights to help and butt in with my life. She thought that I haven't move on because I was too lifeless at school and at home. She's wrong. I was already content with what I was doing. She never dared to ask me if I have problems in order for me to explain everything to her that I am ok. My best friend went back home. My ex was running towards me. Kneeling to give him a second change. Begging, crying for my forgiveness. Yes, I pitied him. He can be my friend I said, but never a lover again. He cried. placed his face on my lap.

It was already midnight. Then he saw us. I was speechless. I pushed my ex away and cried my heart out. I was hurt for what he did. I was hurt for I was afraid that what he saw will be the reason for us not to see each other anymore. I ran away as fast as I can. Then I saw my stranger walking towards me. He smiled. Patted my back. Told me to stop crying. He played the song that made me kiss him. I gave out a smile.

After two days, he wants to meet up at 8 in the evening. He said it is something important. I was a bit scared because I do not know what's running inside his mind for the past days. As we met, we just stayed inside his car. He asked if I've got something to tell him. I have nothing in mind. I have nothing to say. There's nothing interesting about my days. So I don't know what to say to him that he needs to know. He told me that my ex-lover talked to him and said to leave me alone. I don't know the details but all I know is that he agreed to what my ex-lover has to say. Then after we met, he messaged me 'good night' for the first time at midnight.

After that incident, we never communicated anymore. He left me hanging. I don't know what to do. My  days became lonely. I maybe alone before, but I never was lonely. Now I feel lonely, depressed. So I got no choice but talked with my ex-lover, scolded him and I want him to vanish forever. Isn't he satisfied that he already ruined my life? I cannot have new guys in my life.

In the end, I went back to my ex-lover. Yes, I need substitute to forget about him.

2 years had passed an I may haven't forgotten about him but I have moved on from him. I am also no longer together with my ex. The only lesson that I want to share to the readers is that enjoy life to the fullest. Do crazy things if you wanted as long as you are happy with it. Live life to the fullest. You may have regretted but at least you have learned something from it.


No comments:

Post a Comment